Jan 28, 2011

Max Factor Masterpiece Colour Precision Eyeshadow


one more nice product from Max Factor! these are two of the Masterpiece cream eyeshadows.
they come in lipgloss-like tubes with a sponge tip applicator. each tube contains 8ml and cost about 5€.
they are creamy and blendable and have a very good lasting power on my oily lids - no creasing at all (i don't use a lid primer underneath). i like them to wear as a eyeshadow on their own, but applying eyeshadows on top, so use them as a base is quite difficult. the eyeshadows get crackly and patchy and thick on these and aren't blendable - even though wearing these cream shadows alone doesn't feel thick or heavy at all.
i have the two most basic colours, Pearl Beige and Coffee, but i didn't find another drugstore brand to make such a basic dark brown as a cream eyeshadow.
Pearl Beige is a shimmery cool champagne colour - i like it as an inner corner highlighter and once even tried it on my waterline (which works ok - it doesn't last very long there, though).
Coffee is a dark brown, which seems to be cool toned freshly applied, but has more red undertones when blended out. i wished i was more taupe.

Pearl Beige



Coffee



4 comments:

  1. I really like the one in Pearl Beige! Looks like a quick & easy all over eye colour.

    Oh, & I bought Dangerous Cuvee based on your recent eye look using it! I just compared it to MUFE Aqua Creams, & although I prefer them, I really love the colour of Cuvee & am glad I didn't miss out on it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it is!

    i'm happy that you like your dangerous cuvee! it is more blue toned,sheerer and more glittery than MUFE. i also posted a comparison swatch of both - and i can totally justify having both ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I haven't even looked at MUFE #2! I was just comparing formulas!

    I'm going to try not to add #2 to my wishlist now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. but you really should - it's gorgeous! i couldn't resist it after seeing a vid of lisaeldridgedotcom on youtube - i think she called it the work/college look.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...